INTERNSHIP 6 months - On site or partially remote
We consider diversity to be a true asset and are happy to learn more about all candidates!
We are KMTX, a fast-growing AdTech company building the ad platform of the open web. We aim to build the main advertising platform of the Open Web, making it simple for anyone to run effective campaigns online within this $200B market. We believe this is the only way to preserve and improve an open and fair internet.
The problem we’re working on
Advertising on the open web is a mess of unnecessary complexity, opacity, low respect for user privacy and poor performances for advertisers and publishers. This is what allows walled gardens (Google and Facebook) to dominate the online advertising market: as their advertising platforms are simple and efficient. A simple & efficient ad platform for the open web is necessary to promote free access to information outside walled gardens and fight their duopoly.
Our solution and achievements
Since 2017, we’ve been working on the most difficult part of creating the ad platform of the open web. A set of automated tools and technologies to buy advertising in real-time and deliver strong performance for advertisers.
We’ve proved that our approach works with over 200 brands running more than 1500 campaigns as we've consistently beaten every advertising platform on the market in performance. That's why we've quickly grown to an 8 figures in revenue.
We are now building and deploying a self-served platform that allows advertisers to launch campaigns in less than 5 minutes on any digital inventory (Web, Apps, connected TV, ...) to deliver results for their brand. This simple and efficient platform will soon be available for advertisers across Europe and North America.
Who we are
KMTX was founded in 2017 by two serial tech entrepreneurs: Franck Tetzlaff (co-founder of Doctolib) and Arthur Querou (co-founder of MotionLead acquired by Adikteev).
We’ve raised $3m to date and plan to raise another significant round in the coming months.
We’re obsessed with meaningful, powerful tech which simplifies the work of our users.
We're not afraid to challenge the status quo!
We believe that small increments don't drive change. Anything we do must be better than what existed before.
Working at KMTX
We hire people whom we admire. Forward thinkers, who challenge the status quo, get out of their comfort zone, are not afraid to fail, have a high-level of self-awareness and expectation while parking their ego at the door.
We believe that work shouldn't be “just a job”, but an opportunity to grow. To perform at their best, our people should be happy and challenged. We want our people to evolve, learn, and grow in a pleasurable work environment.
We care a lot about autonomy and trust, and we lead by example by being very flexible on work hours and projects you choose to spend your time on. We take pride in, and encourage our employees to take initiative.
We are as transparent as possible on what’s going on within the business and everyone, at every level, is always accessible. There are no hierarchy blocks at KMTX.
Finally, we provide a suite of benefits and perks which we believe are meaningful enough to make the lives of our employees better.
Your key missions :
Within our senior back-end team of 8 developers, you will :
- Challenge and improve current bidding strategies (BidShading, Winrate estimation...)
- Speedup our current real-time-bidding solution (Golang) working under high load and high requirements:
- Handle 70K queries per second!
- Response time should be < 10 ms!
- Benchmark and analyze the current solution
- Propose a new design
- Help us significantly reduce our billing
- Think with our team about all challenges to plan for our future 10x growth
Other development missions may be proposed once you've finished this first phase of your internship.
Who are you
- You are looking for your last year internship (engineering school, tech university, retrain) in a challenging environment
- You are rigorous and result oriented
- Looking for a senior team, you are eager to learn & improve
- You have at least 1 personal or uni project in the back-end (Python, Golang or NodeJS)
- You have basic knowledge in databases (SQL, NoSQL)
- A sane work environment built on trust, delivery and mentoring
- Attractive gratification
- Remote friendly
- Central Paris office
- Fully equipped workstation
- Regular team-building events
According to your tech ramp-up and team integration, there are strong possibilities of permanent hiring (CDI) at KMTX!
- Phone qualification
- Tech interview
- Team fit interview (including 1 founder)