We are looking for a full remote Senior Data Scientist to work on real time bidding optimization and automation in order to build a sustainable alternative to Facebook and Google’s advertising solutions.
We are KMTX, a fast growing AdTech company building the Ad Platform of the Open Web. We are working to provide the main advertising platform of the Open Web making it simple for anyone to run campaigns online. We believe this is the only way of preserving and improving the state of the Internet by making it open and fair. We’re targeting a $200B market.
The problem we’re working on
As of today, Open Web advertising is a mess with unnecessary complexity, opacity, low respect of user privacy and poor performances for advertisers as well as publishers. This is what allows Walled Gardens (Google, Facebook, …) to dominate the online advertising market as they provide simple & efficient advertising platforms. A simple & efficient ad platform is necessary to value the Open Web, promote free access to information and fight the duopoly.
Our solution and achievements
Since 2017, we’ve worked on the hardest part of creating the ad platform of the Open Web. An automated set of tools and technologies to buy advertising in real time while delivering strong performances for advertisers.
We’ve proved that our approach works with over 200 brands on more than 1500 campaigns and managed to consistently beat every advertising platform on the market. This success helped KMTX grow very quickly to an 8 figures revenue.
We are now building and deploying a self-served platform that aims to be “the Facebook Ads of the Open Web”. It allows advertisers to launch campaigns in less than 5 minutes on any inventory (Web, Apps, TV, ...) and deliver strong results for their brand. Simple & Efficient. This platform will be available for advertisers in Europe and North America.
Who we are
KMTX was founded in 2017 by two serial tech entrepreneurs: Franck Tetzlaff (co founder of Doctolib) and Arthur Querou (co founder of MotionLead acquired by Adikteev).
We’ve raised $3m to date and plan to raise a significant round in the coming months.
We’re obsessed with meaningful, powerful tech and simplification for our users.
We have no fear of challenging the status quo when we believe it’s the right thing to do.
We believe that small increments don't drive change. Anything we do must be 10x better than what existed before.
Working at KMTX
This also applies to hiring. People who want to build and achieve 10x challenges. Forward thinkers, who challenge the status quo, get out of their comfort zone, are not afraid to fail, have a high-level of self-awareness and expectation.
We believe that a job should not be “just a job”, but an opportunity to grow. To perform at their best, our people should be happy and challenged. We want our people to evolve, learn, and grow in a pleasurable work environment.
We care a lot about autonomy and trust which we lead by example as being very flexible on work hours or on the missions you want to work. We’ll also always be pleased by and encourage employees taking initiatives.
We are as transparent as possible on what’s going on in the company and everyone in the company is always accessible. No hierarchy blocks.
Finally, we provide a suite of benefits and perks that we believe are meaningful to make the life of our employees better.
Your mission at KMTX
At KMTX, you will imagine and implement tools improving campaigns performances, build privacy centric targeting alternatives and work on automated solutions simplifying advertising for our users.
Our projects include:
- Real time keyword recommendation for campaign setup based on word embeddings
- Prediction AI at scale. 200k predictions per second within 10ms. We want this number to grow to 2m this year.
- Users’ interests graph through online behaviour analysis
- Targeting system with no use of personal information
- Campaign performance forecasting based on historical performances and advertising inventory landscape analysis
- Large scale web pages analysis for keyword and sentiment analysis
- Campaign budget automated optimization over hundreds of criterias
- Anything you’d like to work on to improve online advertising. You’ll be free to experiment with your ideas in production.
You’ll be given all the needed resources to produce the best work and fulfill your ambitions. You’ll have the opportunity to work on the largest and most diverse data sets you may have encountered.
You’ll work with a growing team of passionate and caring talents (1 Product Manager, 2 Data Engineers, 2 Data Scientists and 2 Software Engineers) on a mission to make online advertising a better and sustainable industry.
Our current stack includes AWS (S3, Athena), Python, Scala, Spark and Go. We’re also always on the lookout for groundbreaking technologies and open to experiment.
Expected Skills & Experience
- Result-oriented, you want to have an impact on the business
- Experienced with large-scale data processing solutions (Scala, Spark)
- Team player, you help your team members grow
- Fast learner, you quickly understand the key concepts on new topics
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced and continuously changing environment
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English. French is not required.
- 5+ years of experience in Data Science
- You already designed real-time prediction systems
- You know the systems you worked on from top to bottom
- Previous experience in an AdTech/MarTech company is a plus
- First call : Discussion about your goals + KMTX presentation
- Manager's interview : tech background + answering your questions
- Tech interview with case study
- Cultural & team fit interview
- VP & founder interview
- A sane work environment built on trust, delivery, and mentoring
- Attractive salary (+20% over market rates, transparent salary policy)
- Equity (based on seniority and role)
- 36 days of paid vacation
- Family friendly policy (we finance nursery and adapt to individual constraints)
- Flexible work hours to accommodate for hobbies, unplanned events, …
- Top tier health insurance coverage
- Remote first - only hard constraint is the synchronous daily stand up
- Open budget for conferences and training
- Cosy Central Paris HQ
- 50% of transportation expenses
- Fully equipped workstation (New Macbook or XPS, Dual Screen, Headphones, Keyword, Mouse, high end desk and chair if needed)
- Regular team-building events
- Annual “no work” company retreat in some of the most beautiful places of France
- Partnership with kindergardens